“Rhodium plating on high purity copper conductors provides sophisticated high-resolution sound reproduction with a high SN. Low distortion, high precision sound depiction, high speed response. A high-performance connector with state-of-the-art rhodium plating.”
- Masamitsu Fukuda (Top Japanese Audio Commentator)
Nano Crystal² Formula (NCF) Incorporated into selected Furutech products, NCF features a special crystalline material that has two 'active' properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared. Furutech combines this remarkable material with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional 'piezoelectric effect' damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material. Created by Furutech, it is found exclusively in Furutech products.
The Furutech Floating Field Damper System Magnetic Floating Field Damping Current flowing through a cable and its connector creates magnetic (and electrostatic) fields around them, building and collapsing 60 times per second in 120VAC systems. This magnetic field induces current flow– electrical potential–in small parts like the screws holding the connector shell together which have to be metal for tight clamping. The current flow in these small parts actually creates “floating” magnetic fields around them, and they interfere with the cable/connector’s larger surrounding magnetic field resulting in noise and distortion.
The Furutech Floating Field Damper solves the biggest problem you never realized you had by star grounding the metal parts in which floating magnetic fields are induced by current flow. All the various metal parts of the connector are tied together and shunt whatever electrical potentials generated to ground. This significantly lowers noise by reducing distortion for ultra-clean and stable power transfer.
US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European: EP1445837
- α (Alpha) Pure-Copper Rhodium-plated Conductor
- Floating Field Damper (US Patent No.: 6,669,491/European: EP1445837)
- Nylon/fibreglass body with a special anti-resonance nano-sized crystalline, piezo ceramic particles and carbon damping material
- Beautiful polish finished Nonmagnetic SUS303 housing. The best of damping and insulation materials improve frequency extension and tonal balance.
- Specified for cable diameters from 6mm to 20mm
- Body length 44mm x 34.5mm diameter / 80.3mm overall length approx.
- Metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion
- Net Weight: 186.4g approx.